To report abuse of any content on this site, please fill in the form. Please give a brief description of the rule being broken.

spacer
Welcome to PCO Forums

A place to share your ideas, knowledge, feelings and advice on a wide variety of topics having special interest to Project Controls practitioners. Please refer to Forum Rules and Guidelines for usage.

Please note user must be logged in to post or edit forum threads.

spacer

ForumForumProject Control...Project Control...General Project...General Project...  Eagles: Cowboys' Tyron Smith bigger loss than Ezekiel Elliott Eagles: Cowboys' Tyron Smith bigger loss than Ezekiel Elliott
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 11/15/2017 7:15 AM

Contrary to popular belief, the Eagles' defensive linemen were not drooling - at least publicly - at the prospect of going after Dak Prescott after watching the Atlanta Falcons sack the Cowboys' quarterback eight times last Sunday.But they are looking forward to going after Prescott, especially if star left tackle Tyron Smith sits out a second straight game when the Eagles (8-1) face the Cowboys (5-4) this Sunday night. Smith's status is not known yet, as the Cowboys will return to practice on Wednesday. But considering that the back injury has bothered him for more than a year, it's very possible that he could sit out again., and that he's also dealing with a groin injury"Tyron is one of the best left tackles in the league,[url=http://www.cowboysfootballauthentic.com/emmitt-smith-jersey-authentic]Womens Emmitt Smith Jersey[/url],," Eagles defensive tackle Fletcher Cox said. "And with a guy like that, you’re going to see a dropoff.", it doesn’t matter who you put in thereIt was clear that Smith's absence was felt a lot more in the Cowboys' 27-7 loss to Atlanta than the absence of star running back Ezekiel Elliott,[url=http://www.cowboysfootballauthentic.com/dak-prescott-jersey-authentic]Authentic Dak Prescott Jersey[/url], who is serving a six-game suspension and will not play this Sunday.Falcons' defensive end Adrian Clayborn had six of those sacks Sunday, then Byron Bell in the fourth quarter. Prescott had been sacked a total of 10 times in the Cowboys' first eight games., all coming against Smith's replacements - Chaz GreenFor the Eagles,[url=http://www.cowboysfootballauthentic.com/jaylon-smith-jersey-authentic]Authentic Jaylon Smith Jersey[/url], Vinny Curry and rookie Derek Barnett typically line up against the opposing left tackle. "We don’t try to worry about what we can’t control," defensive end Brandon Graham said. "All of their problems are their problems. I’m sure they’ll figure it out by the time game time comes. We got to get ready because everything else goes out the window."For the Cowboys, Smith is primarily responsible for opening those gaping holes that Elliott has run through in his brief career. Elliott led the NFL with 1,[url=http://www.cowboysfootballauthentic.com/emmitt-smith-jersey-authentic]Authentic Emmitt Smith Jersey[/url], third in the NFL.,631 yards rushing as a rookie. He has 783 yards through eight gamesSmith has also anchored an offensive line that has given Prescott plenty of time to find receivers like Dez Bryant and Cole Beasley. Prescott had none of that against the Falcons. He went 20-for-30 for only 176 yards."To have a guy that doesn't require any help, that doesn't require chips - there are a lot of little nuances that play within their offensive line that he allows them to play because he can lock a guy down, so obviously it changes when he's not in there. It affects their run-blocking. It affects their play-action. It affects their drop-backs. It affects their empty packages. It filters through all that stuff.",[url=http://www.vikingscheapstore.com/harrison-smith-jersey-cheap]Womens Harrison Smith Jersey[/url]," Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz said. "He's an outstanding playerThe Eagles know the feeling of losing a Pro Bowl left tackle. They lost Jason Peters for the season when he tore his ACL and MCL against Washington on Oct. 23. But the Eagles haven't fallen apart on the offensive line with Halapoulivaati Vaitai replacing Peters.That's not to say that Vaitai is close to Peters in ability. But Vaitai did get valuable experience last season filling in for right tackle Lane Johnson, who served a 10-game suspension for PED use.It didn't always go well for Vaitai, it has worked., especially in his first game last season. And the Eagles have had to give Vaitai help. But so far"I don’t know the kid [Green] that gave up six sacks," Cox said. "But I know Big V has played a lot of ball. I’m in practice against Big V every day. He’s doing a great job right now."Still,[url=http://www.vikingscheapstore.com/stefon-diggs-jersey-cheap]Womens Stefon Diggs Jersey[/url], the left tackle spot is essential. Eagles fans no doubt still cringe when recalling the game against the Giants in 2007 when left tackle Tra Thomas missed a game, an overmatched rooking making his first NFL start. Osi Umenyiora had six sacks that day., only to see the Giants sack Donovan McNabb 12 times. That came mostly at the expense of Winston JusticeAt running back, the Cowboys are replacing Elliott with veteran Alfred Morris, and was Elliott's backup last season and this season., who had 11 carries for 53 yards against the Falcons. Morris has rushed for more than 1,000 yards in each of his first three seasons (2012-14) with Washington. He was in a committee in 2015"They run the same runs, there's nothing like having your starters in there."," Schwartz said. "[Elliott] is a key part of their offense. They can plug the other guys in. But I speak for our guys on defense [when starters get injured]The Eagles continued to add veteran depth to their roster, 32, signing former Giants offensive tackle Will Beatty on Tuesday and releasing Taylor Hart. Beatty, started 63 games for the Giants from 2009-14. He didn't play in 2015, but was re-signed by New York in 2016 as a backup, getting into six games. He will likely serve as the backup at both left and right tackle. Hart, the Eagles signed veteran linebacker Dannell Ellerbe... Washington signed running back Byron Marshall off of the Eagles' practice squad., the Eagles' fifth-round pick in 2014, was converted from a defensive end to an offensive tackle this season. On MondayThe Cowboys have a problem,[url=http://www.vikingscheapstore.com/harrison-smith-jersey-cheap]Authentic Harrison Smith Jersey[/url], and it ain’t Ezekiel Elliott’s absence.All-pro left tackle Tyron Smith played with a back injury all year, and it could keep him out longer than that. That’s bad news. The performance Sunday by Dallas’s reserve blockers was tantamount to a crime perpetrated against an NFL offense., but it was a groin issue that knocked him out for Week 10 against the FalconsPoor Chaz Green. When Troy Aikman calls your performance the worst he’s ever seen in his years watching the sport, you weren’t good. By himself, Dez Bryant and Jason Witten. That could turn out so very wrong., Green allowed Falcons defensive lineman Adrian Clayborn five sacks. It disrupted a competitive game and caused Dak Prescott to look the most rattled he’s been as an NFL player. And maybe worse than Green’s impersonation of a subway turnstile was the Cowboys coaching staff failing to adjust to what an entire nation saw. Why aren’t you giving him help? Why aren’t you benching him? Even without Elliott, Dallas is supposed to be a font of fantasy football value; I’ve been proclaiming for two months that a suspended Elliott might actually be good for the likes of PrescottIf Smith is out Sunday night against the Eagles, and if the Cowboys don’t have a different plan about how to block people .?.?. wow. Some difficult lineup decisions ahead.Aaaaaand all that said, if the Dallas offense is functional without Zeke, my top waiver add for the week is a Cowboys running back. Let’s be aspirational in our roster moves! In a best-case scenario, the replacement RB should have value. The first man out of the gate against the Falcons last week was Alfred Morris, and Smith was second. I’d still rather have Morris; the only time (while the game was competitive) the Cowboys got their run game going was the first drive of the third quarter, in three-tight-end sets, and Darren McFadden barely played at all.,[url=http://www.cowboysfootballauthentic.com/dak-prescott-jersey-authentic]Womens Dak Prescott Jersey[/url], with Morris banging off the right side. But the fact remains that as the game slipped out of control in the second half, Morris played less and Smith played moreThrough three quarters, and maybe it’s the second-year banger out of Ohio State who makes noise.,[url=http://www.vikingscheapstore.com/sam-bradford-jersey-cheap]Authentic Sam Bradford Jersey[/url], Morris and Smith each played 19 snaps. Make no mistake: Smith didn’t do much. But none of them did much! Get more functional on offenseWe don’t usually see a Week 11 waiver wire so replete with backfield options. None is guaranteed to contribute,[url=http://www.cowboysfootballauthentic.com/jaylon-smith-jersey-authentic]Womens Jaylon Smith Jersey[/url], but all are worth speculating on. In Denver Sunday night, Rex Burkhead supplanted James White as New England’s passing back of choice and actually wound up playing more snaps than Dion Lewis, because that’s what they do.,[url=http://www.vikingscheapstore.com/stefon-diggs-jersey-cheap]Authentic Stefon Diggs Jersey[/url], too. The reason not to get carried away is: It’s the Patriots, and they’ll probably change things next week against OaklandBoth Aaron Jones and Ty Montgomery were injured for the Packers, leaving rookie Jamaal Williams in charge in the second half Sunday against the Bears, Williams is worth a look. And Chargers undrafted rookie Austin Ekeler scored two touchdowns and was given big responsibility killing the clock in Jacksonville Sunday … unfortunately he fumbled the game away late. But it’s conceivable that Los Angeles gives the kid more run versus the Bills.,[url=http://www.vikingscheapstore.com/sam-bradford-jersey-cheap]Womens Sam Bradford Jersey[/url], and he was okay. He displayed nice acceleration on his first cut and some physical play. Jones is out for a month; if Montgomery can’t go Week 11 against the RavensThen again, I like Melly Gordon! I’m not saying he’s a lock to dominate fantasy leagues in December. The Chargers are basically cooked, Ekeler just scored a couple touchdowns in Week 10, Gordon has been banged up this year (he’s seemingly always banged up), that O-line won’t change much in the next six weeks. But the Gordon hate has gone too far; it’s now become as fashionable to bash Gordon as it was to bash Todd Gurley a couple months ago., and if I’m blaming his up-and-down season on a poor offensive line, wellGordon isn’t a Gurley-level talent, but I maintain that he’s an exceptional combination of athleticism, do it., burst, size and speed. If the Gordon owner in your league has read all the easy shots the Charger RB has taken this week and is willing to deal him for a songIronically, the Browns’ offensive line has shown signs of life since Joe Thomas went on IR. For the first time all year, I’ll skip it., Cleveland’s running backs have had room to maneuver. I’m actually hopeful that Isaiah Crowell might be a sneaky-good asset in your fantasy playoffs. But against Jacksonville this weekThe Jaguars’ defense isn’t insurmountable: They’ve given up yardage on occasion, especially to RBs. But man, and the best you can say of any Browns player is that he’s marginal., I like ’em. They’re nasty. I’m not straining to get marginal players into my lineup when Jacksonville is their opponentWe’re approaching the final week of byes, with the Panthers, Colts, Jets and 49ers off. It’s possible you’ve been using Carolina’s defense each week, but we’re dealing with a Broncos offensive line that’s allowed 28 sacks and Brock Osweiler’s scattershot accuracy. Fire up the Bengals as a top-10 option in Week 11., and it’s also possible that you’ve got the Seahawks’ D and are scared of using them against Atlanta without Richard Sherman. It’s also possible you’ve been streaming every week. This Sunday, I’ll suggest Cincinnati on the road against Denver. That wouldn’t normally sound like a great recipeChristopher Harris runs HarrisFootball.com,” with new episodes every weekday., where you can find more info on the “Harris Football Podcast
Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumProject Control...Project Control...General Project...General Project...  Eagles: Cowboys' Tyron Smith bigger loss than Ezekiel Elliott Eagles: Cowboys' Tyron Smith bigger loss than Ezekiel Elliott

spacer