About this job
Our client is an award winning provider of innovative Engineering and Project Management Services to the global mining and resource industry. From studies through to full project execution to operations and maintenance, our client's range of services cover all aspects of project development.
Our client requires the services of a Project Controls Manager to work across a number of major mining and resource projects in QLD. He/she will manage and coordinate personnel engaged in Project Controls to ensure accurate and timely gathering and reporting of information, planning, cost control and forecasting. This position will be based at our client's Brisbane based office.
Key Position Accountabilities (but not limited to):
- Provide leadership in planning, scheduling, cost control, risk management and reporting.
- Supervises, coordinates, oversees training, development and evaluates the performance of the Project Controls team.
- Undertake planning, review, work management and detailed analysis of the Project's activities.
- Attends planning, scheduling, progress and cost reviews meetings taking the lead in presentations explanations and discussions with the client on topics related to project controls.
- Define primary job objectives at project and departmental management levels by highlighting schedule and cost requirements.
The successful candidate WILL have:
- Minimum 10 years practical Project Controls / Services exp in an EPCM environment.
- Demonstrated project experience within the Mining and/or Construction industries.
- Well rounded Project Controls skills (Planning / Scheduling, Cost Controls, Estimating).
- Held a similar Project Controls Managerial position in the last 2 years.
- Excellent working knowledge of Primavera planning systems.
- Solid leadership, motivation and technical skills.
- Strong time management and computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An Engineering degree or trade qualification will be highly regarded.
- An Australian Citizenship or Australian PR.
- Applicants without valid working rights in Australia need NOT apply.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary rate whilst working for a leading company, coupled with a great working environment on major long-term projects. If you meet the requirements above to fulfil this role, we encourage you to register your interest by submitting your resume now. Your confidentiality is guaranteed.