Our client is a provider of floating production solutions for the deepwater oil and gas industry, located in Houston, TX. They are currently recruiting for a Senior Cost Manager. The Senior Cost Manager will lead the cost engineering team by ensuring that all Engineering, Procurement, Construction and commissioning budgets are monitored, controlled and forecasted.
The Senior Cost Manager will be responsible for
- Providing daily management, oversight and professional development to a team of cost engineers.
- Providing monthly Cost Analysis and other periodic cost and invoicing data,
- Reviewing commercial performance against budgets and forecast targets,
- Providing project status against current commitments and budget,
- Assisting with the compilation of data for the Monthly Cost Report,
- Supporting in developing change order estimates and contract cost control,
- Ensuring all contractor invoices are verified before submission for payment and are fully in compliance with administrative contractual requirements.
- 10 to 15 years of cost engineering experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Bachelor's degree is required with preference given to candidates with engineering degrees.
- Last 7 years of experience must be in the offshore/subsea energy industry.
- Experience in developing cost reports and progress curves,
- Experience in developing budgets and forecasts,
- Knowledge of database and excel programs, and familiarity with accounting and planning practices.