About this job
- Location: Houston, TX
- Posted: Nov 4
Our client is a leading EPC company focused on offshore oil and gas projects around the world. They build and install production facilities, pipelines and subsea systems for a variety of major oil and energy companies. They are currently seeking a Chief Estimator for their location in Houston, TX.
The Chief Estimator is responsible for managing all estimating processes and projects for the Atlantic Region.
- Establishing and training associates on the methods and processes for creating estmates.
- Analyse past estimation performance on projects and use findings to establish benchmarks for future projects.
- Coordinate activity between engineering and fabrication teams required to complete estimates.
- Review SOW, terms and contracts to ensure full understanding of requirements and deadlines.
- Lead the bid preparation process for all bids in the region.
- Manage and guide proposal assistants.
- Review completed bids to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Keep current on status of every outstanding bid, and provide executive leadership team continuous updates on status.
- Bachelor's degree in constuction, engineering, or business. Advanced degrees are preferred.
- At least 10 years work experience in onshore or offshore oil or gas EPC activities, preferably in the major marine sector.
- Ability to travel 30-40%.
- Outstanding leadership ability and experience.
- Outstanding communication skills with plenty of experience in management presentation skills.