About this job
Develop project cost estimates and schedules in support of the Project Development process for medium and large Capital Investment projects for ExxonMobil affiliate refinery sites in Europe and the Middle East (this is the primary purpose of the job for the first few years). The incumbent will also provide project cost and schedule control for large Capital Investment projects during development and execution (this is a secondary purpose of the job and the incumbent will only adopt this responsibility when appropriate experience has been gained).
Reports to: Project Management Section Head
Technical Guidance From: Cost & Schedule Group Head
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Develop project cost estimates to support all phases of project development from screening studies to project appropriation for capital investment projects typically in the range of $3M to $70M. This will include the use of a sophisticated suite of ExxonMobil in-house tools and computer programs to develop estimates of Direct Costs and Indirect Costs.
• Liaison and co-ordination with project stakeholders, facilities planners, process designers, project execution management and affiliate owner organisations.
• Develop Capital/Expense Splits, Expenditure Profiles, Special Cost & Schedule Allowances.
• Develop early project schedules.
• Provide Technical Quality Assurance for cost estimates developed by ExxonMobil affiliates and engineering contractors.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues working in the same field both in the EMEEL office and in affiliate refineries.
• As the incumbent grows in experience, opportunities exist for assignment as the Project Control Engineer on a medium to large capital investment project. This role places the incumbent as a key member of the ExxonMobil Integrated Project Management Team who is then responsible for Project Cost and Schedule control, primarily during the project execution phase.
• Engineering degree (1st Class or 2:1)
• 5 years’ industrial experience, preferably in the petrochemical industry
Knowledge & Skills:
• Experience in Cost and Schedule Engineering is desirable but not essential as full training will be given
• Broad range of technical skills