About this job
Our Client, a leader in the Oil & Gas sector with assets throughout the continent, is currently seeking a Cost Scheduler. Reporting into the Project Controls group, the incumbent will be responsible for various costing and scheduling duties particular to the segment of the project assigned.
Responsibilities: 1. Cost and schedule management for project assignment
2. Prepare schedule and cost reports for projects
3. Prepare and analyse cost reports and costing audits
4. Examine and review unusual cost records and ensures cost data is allocated correctly
5. Produce monthly reports related to the position
6. Perform and ensure an effective cost control function
7. Interpret contracts and manage financial risk, estimating and forecasting
8. Maintain current cost control database.
9. Review proposed schedule changes with construction personnel, client and contractors.
Requirements: 1. Technical Diploma or Degree , significant EPC or EPCM industry experience will also be considered
2. Advanced knowledge of Cost and Estimating software generally used on major engineering projects; Timberline, Prism, Primavera, etc.
3. Experience in the evaluation of contractors' baseline schedule and cost-loaded schedule, evaluation of cost impacts for contractor recovery schedules and the tracking of project costs to contract closeout
4. Pipeline Construction experience is desired
5. Motivated self starter
6. Able to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
7. Effective interpersonal communication and organizational skill