Looking for comments about Primavera P6.2

• Page:

19 April 2010 2:14
Dear All, I am writing to ask your advise and help regardng the bellow mentioned matters: How can I show critical path on the Gannt Chart Bar / against of the long path? And Can I show critical path if my links are SF? How can I add roles and resources? How can I run Histograms / S-Curves and export it to Excel file? Sorry for any inconveniences. Look forward, Thanks and regards,
Joined On:
30 Sep 2017

Re: Looking for comments about Primavera P6.2

19 April 2010 2:24
Regarding Resources you can have a look in Enterprise row Resources section. Entered in to Resources section, you can easily allocated your overall Resources their effective dates related cost and etc. After allocation of resources you can go to activities section and you will find there Resources section left to Relationships. After that you can assign resorces. For Histograms and S-Curves you can see File => Export Menu. It is very handy to use it. You can see direct on bottom of your screen resource spreadsheed as well. You can click on the top off gantt chart icon (Resource Usage Spreadsheet) to see on real time man power allocation as per requested time frame. Best Regards,

Re: Looking for comments about Primavera P6.2

19 April 2010 9:26
You do not have to export histograms to excel. You can print them to PDF or publish to the web and they are accessible by anyone you wish to grant access to. The positive side to this would be that they can edit them. This keeps you in control. If you define your critical path by longest path which is the default ,and you want to show additional critical activities based on total float at the same time. Open the project and goto the activites page. Hit the schedule button like you are going to schedule the project. Next hit the options button. In schedule options under the general tab you can define a critical activity as Total Float less than or equal to _______hrs to give an early warning when your float is at that point. Your longest path will obviously have little or no float, but the additional critical path will also turn red (critical) as well when the predetermined float cap is reached. Displaying more than one critical path. This critical path can also be achieved on the projects page in Project details at the bottom on the settings tab under Define Critical Activities. This Critical Path Method Works on Float so links being Start to Finish do not matter. Your main goal is the finish Date and how one activity being late can effect it. Your longest path will generally have no float unless lags are involved and that is why it is critical because any activity in that path can effect your finish date. If you have activities that are not in that path then they are not monitored by the software until they run past your longest path. That is the point of no return at which you failed to deliver by the deadline. For the histograms goto the activities page and click Activity usage profile or Resource usage profile. I will show up on bottom defaulted as a bar graph. Right click on the graph below and select resource usage profile options. You will see the check boxes there that you customize with. By date check boxes show bars and cumulative check boxes show your S-Curves. Customize the Activity usage profile the same way.
Last Edit: 14 years ago by . Reason: (NULL)
  • Page: