How can I get more exposure with Primavera since I just finished a training class?

• Page:

How can I get more exposure with Primavera since I just finished a training class?

Joined On:
30 Sep 2017

24 March 2010 1:27
Last Edit: 14 years ago by Richard Pearson. Reason: (NULL)

Re: How can I get more exposure with Primavera since I just finished a training class?

24 March 2010 1:29
I think you should start to apply it to whatever business you specialize in - that is - say to yourself - how do I think this should be done,how should it look and then start doing it. Try to keep the end-product in mind - what will your managers want to see in summary? in detail? What/how are going to gather the key information from operating people? Then - plunge in and start using to tool to see if you can produce your vision... try to run updates of the information as well. That is, see what happens when you put in actuals, revise baselines, etc See if you get the output you expect. Keep the Help section handy!
Joined On:
30 Sep 2017

Re: How can I get more exposure with Primavera since I just finished a training class?

24 March 2010 1:31
Primavera is just a tool and there are so many softwares just like it.What I mean is, a good planning engineer with experience and know-how in construction and planning can easily use any of planning software there is in the market. A primavera operator does not necessarily equate to a planning engineer or project controller. I suggest that you get a job in projects & controls and hone your skills there. With your exposure to projects and activities, combined with your primavera skills, you will have a good chance of getting a good planning career. Just my two cents
  • Page: