6 to 8 milestones for each discipline to track engineering drawing progress

• Page:

6 to 8 milestones for each discipline to track engineering drawing progress

Joined On:
30 Sep 2017

Re: 6 to 8 milestones for each discipline to track engineering drawing progress

20 April 2010 10:17
Hello, I do not agree the fact that drawings will go back & forth many times, ultimately it should serve the purpose. specailly I experienced in offshore engineering projects completeness of drawings should be ensured prior to issue. However, I agree that there are changes to be made in AFC drawings based on the yard/site constraints. Moreover, these % progress should relate to efforts. In some cases like procurement engineering, need more weigthage for critical items.
Joined On:
30 Sep 2017

Re: 6 to 8 milestones for each discipline to track engineering drawing progress

20 April 2010 2:00
Hi Girisha, What i have got from the series of note above is eng progress is not standardized and varies from industry to industry. In O&G, Power etc, we always reserve 10% earning untill drawings are approved by Clinet however that may not be the case when it comes to Rails or Defense. On progress related to efforts, i doubt you can give more wtg to critical item as its purely derived form the efforts required to undertake that task and criticality cant be measured. Critical item can be only addressed in schedules. Would be glad to know otherwise. Regards,
  • Page: