Can i add user defined field in data sheets?? i tried by resource type and activity and i cannot. I need that as i have several ways to make my progress (Quantity,MHR,AC,Profit) for each Activity in MS project i used ro do so by making a imaginary baseline for each field
on the tools menu youll
find User Define Field, where you can create your own fields and define the
fields data type. Now, how we define calculated field, here is the way :
1. Enterprise/ User Defined Fields for definition of:
- scope (activities, resource assignments, projects,etc) and
- data type (start/finish date, text, cost, integer, number, indicator) for the UDF.
2. Tools/ Global Change for assigning calculated values for the UDF (as an alternative to manual input) in the open project(s). in short, a global change spec includes:
- an optional filtering section ("where"),
- an action section ("then") where you calculate the value of fields (
standard editable P6 or UDFs) based on other fields and/or custom values. changes are applied where filtering condition(s) are met.
- an optional alternative action section ("else") for changes to be applied if filtering condition(s) are not met.