How do I start my career in project Controls.

• Page:

21 October 2010 4:01
Despite the current economic climate, there seem to be a reasonable amount of open Project Controls positions out there...mostly for experienced professionals. What are the ways to start a career in this area? Those who are now experienced, also had to start somewhere. I am with FW and based in UK. Any thoughts on the topic are welcome..
Joined On:
30 Sep 2017

Re: How do I start my career in project Controls.

6 December 2010 6:55
In addition to the comments posted by Anil, would advise anyone interested in getting into project controls to be associated with site construction works initially in their career, to understand the work flow, sequence and interrelationships between the different work activities, get know how on the production rates achieved by the working crews. There is no real substitute for relevant project experience. A plan does depict the experience of the project planner on the specific job and for it to be realistic and implementable he needs to have the relevant project experience.  Further there is a common situation wherein planners (Civil) tend to limit themselves to Civil / Structural Works on Projects with reasoning being MEP is not in their scope and is not their background, it helps to take the effort to understand the works related to other trades and develop oneself into a complete planner. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last Edit: 13 years, 4 months ago by Bala. Reason: (NULL)
  • Page: