Combination of calendars in P6 Programming

• Page:

Joined On:
30 Sep 2017

9 April 2010 1:55
I am working on a P6 Construction Programming. I am using a combination of normal 6-day calendar and 24 hours calendar. The original duration of the tasks with 24 hour calendars is calculated against the default calendar which is 6-day calendar. As a result, the duration for these tasks are misleading. Anybody knows a resolution for this case?

Re: Combination of calendars in P6 Programming

9 April 2010 1:59
1. The default canlendar only afftact the WBS summarization duration 2. Pls check whether you have checked "Drive activity date by default" in Project Details tab
Joined On:
30 Sep 2017

11 April 2010 11:16
Segragate activities based on their calendar to link them separately before you start running in circles trying to normalise total float (TF). I am on P6 v7.0.

11 April 2010 11:16
Duration calculation with different calendars has always been an issue. If you want to present the durations accurately then set it up under Admin>UserPreferences for Hours rather than Days. Otherwise rely on the dates rather than the number of days.
Joined On:
30 Sep 2017

14 April 2010 1:38
If you are on P6 6.0 durations are calculated against the hours per time period established in your user preferences (or against those fixed in the administrative preferences, depending of the settings), not against the default calendar. But anyway, the effect is the same: for part of your activities the duration shown is misleading. Im afraid that there is no solution. This problem is solved in P6v7, where durations are calculated (if the proper setting is enabled) against the activity calendar.
Joined On:
30 Sep 2017

22 April 2010 10:45
I figured out one more way. One can also build a global change to set calendars in the activities of individual activities. If something wrong from changing the calendars so much this would fix it. You could make one that said "if project equals name and rerource equals name then activity calendar equals 6day else calendar equals other calendar name this would set 2 calendars of your choice for all of the activities.
  • Page: