How do u update target schedule in P3 ?

• Page:

22 June 2010 9:55
I have my main schedule and my target schedule....how do I update the target schedule? Here i mean updating progress...not activities.. what im trying to do is have my main target percent complete and compare it to where the job should actually be via the target schedule. For example..I update my main schedule for march 15th...and we are showing job as being 35% complete...i then update the target schedule and it is showing we should be at 40% complete. updating the target correctly (i.e. not making a new target date) and having it show what the target percent is.

Re: How do u update target schedule in P3 ?

22 June 2010 9:57
I wouldnt recommend updating the target. You could do it though if you were determined to go that way. Asuume that each target activity is progressing to schedule and then roll up Target percentage complete. My worry is that you would inadvertently alter Target schedule dates, resources and so on. In the past Ive always produced "s" curves via a third party tool such as excel. Ive also used an EV approach with P3 to answer the "where are we v where should we be" question. Progressing the target project can be done either task by task or by automatically statusing activities. The help files and P3 documentation will take you through it step by step. Keep a "clean" copy of the Target first though and on your own head be it. Good luck.
  • Page: