Using P3 for budgeting

• Page:

Using P3 for budgeting

Joined On:
30 Sep 2017

Using P3 for budgeting

22 June 2010 10:00
I have been tasked by my supervisor to try and find the advanatges and disadvantages of using P3 for full project controls. Our client has a new project controls manager and he feels that we should be using P3 for all accounting, scheduling, forecasting and basically all project controls functions. The problem is we are an international engineering firm that has our own internal accounting systems such as Oracle and a company owned cost system. Not sure if I have explained very well. The other issue is because we are the size we are I am sure corporate would not allow this to happen. I am sure we could do it but then we would have to run two systems (P3 and our own systems). Thanks for any help anyone can give me on this.

Re: Using P3 for budgeting

22 June 2010 10:04
P3 is a scheduling program with lots of bells and whistles. With some effort it can do a lot more than schedule. However it is in its heart a scheduling program. What you may want to look at is integrating Expedition with P3. Since they are both high end Primavera products, they are designed to work together. Expedition handles forcasting and PROJECT accounting. You can input the information or you can import from other accounting programs through ODBC. It is project orientated and allows information exchange among parties.
  • Page: