Scope definition

• Page:

Scope definition

Joined On:
30 Sep 2017

Scope definition

8 April 2010 8:10
It is almost axiomatic that good scope definition will result in a good project and poor definition will result in a troubled one. Yet, I have never seen a scope development guideline or checklist. Does anyone have such a document or know where I might look? I did not see a Scope Definition RP, but I may have done an inadequate search. If so, please point me in the right direction. Thanks.
Joined On:
30 Sep 2017

Re: Scope definition

8 April 2010 8:12
In a City’s Capital Program work plan that comprises an average of 50 to 60 contract packages, how should we control scope creep during planning stage. Once a Scope Statement been finalized and estimate been prepared after the scope verification, due to the constraint in budget, whats the best approach to reduce or negotiate the scope to meet final stakeholders requirement that further to fits with available budget. Is it right for estimating team to advise management to issue additional sums or alternatively advise to reduce the scope , reduction of scope from current work plan may leads to adjust this scope in some other contract or in next year work plan. In a whole scenario, that deleted scope is in a loop till it gets space in some other form of contract. Expert suggestions will be greatly appreciated based on current case studies.
  • Page: