Responsibilities of Project Controls Engineers

• Page:

Joined On:
30 Sep 2017

28 January 2010 10:44
Hi All I would like to welcome everybody on this new website which I think shortly become a very popular within professionals What I want to discuss is direct responsibilities of project controls engineer in different companies. As you know, project controls still new discipline in organisations, therefore duties in various companies widely differ, example involvment in development planning activities. I want you to share your ideas on this topic according to your experience ? Thx Fuad

Re: Responsibilities of Project Controls Engineers

29 January 2010 2:59
Primary responsibilities of Project Controls covers areas like Planning & Scheduling, Cost Engineering and Risk & Delay Claims. It has been noted that various organisations pull documentation management in the same but in that case they term it as Project Services. Concept of dedicated Project Controls is in its advanced stage in majority of western regions.. However its still in infancy in various regions and considered under project engineering/management. This is changing rapdily due to increased awareness of this field and its not very long before its treated as specalized department/subject. Would be glad to know others views on this.
Joined On:
30 Sep 2017

Re: Responsibilities of Project Controls Engineers

6 March 2011 3:11
In some cases the Project Controls Engineer may also progress to look after Quality Control and Document Control or even IT.   Whether to call these as Project Services or Project Controls is another issue.
  • Page: