WBS Orig. Budget Vs. WBS Activities Roll-up Sum. Budget

• Page:

22 June 2010 9:08
I currently have a schedule that is resource loaded. I have entered the Original Budget into to each and every WBS (which mimics the pay items on the contractors submitted invoice). I have also resource loaded each and every activity (budgeted units/cost etc . I am wondering how this are related from a cost point of view. I thought the budgeted cost for each WBS should equal the summary roll-up cost for activities under that specific WBS. This does not appear to be the case (maybe I am not showing the correct Columns?) Example 1.0 WBS $500,000 1.01 Act 1 250,000 1.02 Act 2 100,000 1.03 Act 3 650,000 Any assistance is much appreciated.

Re: WBS Orig. Budget Vs. WBS Activities Roll-up Sum. Budget

22 June 2010 9:14
The Original Budget is not related to any resource and costing to the activity level its kind of rough estimate or intial budget for the Project or WBS which we called it (Top- down Budgeting) But the Budget cost which is coming from the activity costing and resource assigment,..etc. this is the calculated one or the output of your resource assigment & Costing, if this one doesnt comply with what you are estimating for the project or a certain WBS ,you have in this case to analyze the costing and resource assigment
  • Page: