The contractor owns the float on the project" How many time have you heard that statement?

• Page:

The contractor owns the float on the project" How many time have you heard that statement?

Re: The contractor owns the float on the project" How many time have you heard that statement?

4 April 2010 6:17
I love the legal term "any reseasonable". What is the definition of reseasonable, this word is open for Interpretation and this is why we have legal teams out there. If the non critical activities are off the critical path and become critical due to late information (ie lead-in time is min 10 weeks, can you say we will mitigate this time by getting it in 5 weeks). If your critical path has been affected, I think you have a claim. The client will not alter a contract programme as he will be accepting part of the role as PSCS. The client appoints a employers rep / contract admin to look the running of the project. The Contract programme should be signed within 10 days after appointment or as identified in the contract docunemts. This is the basis of the contract and is what any EOT will be judged on. The main contractor prepares a programme with H&S in mine and should be not be altered unless the deign has been changed. If the ER / CA proposed installing a metal deck roof prior to erection of structural steel would you agree to this?. How many times have you gone to the DT with design proposal and the 1st questions asked will be how much will this save the client and will it affect the programme.
  • Page: